Working At De Marque
The De Marque team is made up of passionate and creative people with interdisciplinary talents who work in a respectful and collaborative environment. The challenges are numerous and stimulating and the results are rewarding.
We are dedicated to promoting culture in the digital space through innovation so it can shine throughout the world.
Our social life is at the heart of everything we do. De Marque has a dedicated club that organizes special events, including our Christmas Party and the traditional Summer Lobster Party.
Our weeks are filled with several recurring activities: Thursday lunch at La Barberie, a book club, video game Fridays, happy hours, and more! Plus, your birthday lunch is on us!
Working At De Marque: 100% flexible.
From the office or from home, your work week is suited to your life.
- Pick your schedule: Early morning, late night, weekdays, weekends, 4 or 5 days a week…
- Pick your work space: at the office, at home, or wherever you may be. 🌎
- Stay in control of your schedule: set the routine that works best for you and your family while keeping options open for the unexpected.
Our goal is to offer a work week with supportive and flexible management in which our strong collaborative culture can thrive.
We’re An Essential Service!
Since De Marque’s role as a digital content distributor has been deemed essential by the Quebec government, our head office can accommodate a limited number of team members in a sanitary and controlled environment, in compliance with public health regulations.
It’s In Our Nature
The De Marque team is very close-knit. Whether our members are near or far, we remain united in the goal of connecting creators to people across the world so culture can thrive everywhere.
The Senior Web Developer contributes to the ongoing improvement of De Marque’s web platforms and services, in cooperation with other developers and the product manager. Whether it’s providing superior user experiences or handling dizzying volumes of data, the Senior Web Developer is comfortable recommending and executing solutions, from database to user interface, with a concern for quality and performance.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Takes part in identifying and analyzing user needs and transforming them into solutions;
- Takes part in discussions about product evolution and recommends innovative solutions;
- Actively contributes to the improvement of product quality with tools such as unit testing and code review;
- Programs mainly in Ruby, but is open to other languages (TypeScript, Go);
- Has a strong focus on performance and scalability.
Skills And Experience Required
- Experience with Ruby or equivalent;
- Experience with relational databases;
- Minimum of 2 years experience in web development;
- Knowledge of ElasticSearch is an asset;
- Interest in DevOps and infrastructure is an asset.
- Demonstrates initiative in finding solutions;
- Is concerned with quality while remaining pragmatic;
- Is able to work in a complex technical and functional environment;
- Demonstrates an interest for digital culture.
De Marque Offers…
- Interesting projects!
- 100% flexible working hours.
- Remote work at all times.
- 35-hour work week.
- A stimulating work environment located in a vibrant neighborhood.
- Competitive group insurance.
- An RRSP with employer contributions.
- A monthly transportation allowance.
- An incentive for physical activity.
- Access to a telemedicine service.
Be advised: our main office is located in Quebec City, but remote work is possible.
At De Marque, we staunchly believe in the richness of diversity in all its forms, in employment as in life.
Submit your application
If this challenge interests you, please email your application to the Human Resources Department.
There Are Advantages To Working With Us.
35-Hour Work Week
Favors work/family balance and personal well-being.
All team members benefit from a subscription to a telemedicine service for them and their families
Flexible Remote Work Schedule
Whether in the office or at home, the De Marque team collaborates from anywhere
- A company-supplied MacBook
- 3 weeks vacation in the first year
- An annual salary review
- An RRSP with employer contribution
- Access to our online digital resources
- A group insurance (50% paid)
- Transportation allowance available
- A financial incentive for physical activity
- A gym and a grocery store in the Quebec City building